Liaoning Government Scholarship (LSC)
This scholarship is only for the international students who would like to complete Ph.D degree programs at our university.
Details of the Scholarships
1. Exempt from tuition and accommodation on campus;
2. Monthly allowance is offered as followings:
* Doctor Degree Students: 3,500 CNY/month
Scholarship students shall receive their monthly living allowance after registration. New students who register before 15th (15th included) of the registration month will get the full amount of living allowance of that month, and those who register after 15th will get half amount of that month. Students upon graduation will get a living allowance for another 15 days after the graduation date set by the university. The allowance will be terminated from the following month after students suspend their studies, drop school or complete schooling from the university. Monthly living allowance covers school holidays. Scholarship students who missed the monthly living allowance during holidays could be reimbursed upon their return on campus. The allowance will be suspended for at least one month for those students who do not register on time without permission from the university, leave for non-health reasons or are absent from university over a month.
Students who have to suspend their studies for pregnancy or for health reasons are required to go back to their home countries for labor or for treatment. The international travel expenses should be covered by the students themselves. With the university’s approval, the scholarship status can be reserved for up to one year and their living allowances will be suspended during their leave. The scholarship status will not be reserved for those who suspend their studies for other reasons.
3. The insurance shall be implemented according to relevant regulations.
4. Applicants are expected to pay for their own international travel expenses.
1. Applicants must be non-Chinese citizens in good health.
2. Applicants must be students who study in foreign countries.
3. Education background and age limit:
- Applicants for doctor degree programs must have master's degree and be under the age of 40.
Application Procedures and Time
The applicants shall submit the application forms and materials to College of International Education, LNNU from December to end of February per year.
The applicants must fill in and provide the following materials truly and correctly (in duplicate):
1. Highest diploma (notarized photocopy). If applicants are university students or already employed, they shall also provide studying certificates or employment documents. Documents in languages other than Chinese or English must be attached with notarized translations in Chinese or English.
2. Transcripts. Transcripts in languages other than Chinese or English must be attached with notarized translations in Chinese or English.
3. A study or research plan in Chinese or in English (no less than 800 words). Please expatiate on the major or research field you would like to study at LNNU.
4. Two letters of recommendation in Chinese or English by professors or associate professors from the university which applicants graduated.
5. Photocopy of Foreigner Physical Examination Form (applicants should keep the original one) filled in English. It is printed by Chinese quarantine authority and only for those whose period of studies in China lasts up to six months. The medical examinations must cover all the items listed in the Foreigner Physical Examination Form. Incomplete records or those without the signature of the attending physician, the official stamp of the hospital or a sealed photograph of the applicants are invalid. The medical examination results are valid for 6 month. All applicants are kindly requested to take this factor into consideration while determining the time to take medical examination.
6. Photocopy of passport.
7. If the applicants have the HSK Certificates, please submit the photocopy of the HSK Certificates.
6 pictures (3cm*4cm).
Contact Information & Mailing Address
Add: Office of College of International Education, 850 Huanghe Road, Shahekou District, Liaoning Normal University, Dalian, Liaoning Province, 116029, P.R. China
Tel: 0411-82158562(enrollment, payment) 82159067(HSK)
Website: Http:// gjy.lnnu.edu.cn